GRAND RAPIDS, MI—X-Rite Inc, a global leader in color science and technology, and Pantone LLC announced the release of eXact Auto-Scan, a versatile scanning solution that provides pressroom flexibility for measuring color with spot, manual and automated scanning capabilities.
With the push of a button, the eXact Auto-Scan is meant to minimize human error when scanning to maximize speed, reduce rework and deliver a finished product that meets the tight tolerances customers require. The eXact Auto-Scan is part of the recently expanded eXact family. The eXact Auto-Scan will be on display at the Color19 Conference, hosted by Printing Industries of America and SGIA, Jan. 12-15, in San Diego, CA.
“With commercial printers facing increased job throughput and tighter turnaround times, operators need tools that help automate reoccurring tasks such as manually measuring color bar patches,” said Ray Cheydleur, printing and imaging product portfolio manager, X-Rite. “The eXact Auto-Scan enables automated and quick measurement of all patches of a color bar in under 15 seconds. This can reduce makeready times by 30 percent compared to manual scans for improved operational productivity and efficiencies.”
“The eXact Auto-Scan is a game changer in our print shop,” said Rick Fougere, general manager, J&R Graphics Inc, an offset and digital printing business in Hanover, MA. “The solution gives us more information than using a handheld device alone and ensures we have the most accurate and consistent color control. We use it in conjunction with a suite of X-Rite color management tools including a sheet scanner for profiling. This allows us to accurately match color across digital and offset. Our press operator can put the sheet on the eXact Auto-Scan console and hit measure—no lining up, no fiddling or moving the head back and forth to get the laser on. This saves us time and helps us reduce any errors. The eXact Auto-Scan is a must-have device for any printshop with a multi-color press.”
The eXact Auto-Scan is offered as a stand-alone system or an add-on for existing eXact Standard or Advanced customers. Customers benefit from improved color quality, reduced material waste and expanded workflows.
The eXact Auto-Scan:
- Supports all industry print standards: G7, PSO, ISO, SCTV, and Japan Color
- Provides access to the latest Pantone libraries and PantoneLIVE standards
- Enhances spot color handling with the creation and management of standards and color libraries on each device
- Delivers fast, press-side, fully-automated capabilities with readings under 15 seconds
- Provides immediate, comprehensive reporting of color data through Bluetooth technology, allowing the user to make prompt adjustments to the pressrun
- Integrates with closed loop and third-party solutions such as Rutherford Graphics and digital information to deliver complete ink key control
- Incorporates into current workflows
The eXact Auto-Scan will be available in March.