Great printers don’t just get the job done, they focus on building a reputation in the industry based on print quality and color consistency. That’s why they have been trusting in FTA’s Excellence in Flexography Awards—the industry’s longest running and most prestigious annual print competition—to assist in gaining the accolades and recognition they deserve.
Competitors from around the world handpick and submit their finest work to be evaluated by a panel of judges, comprised of industry members who have exacting standards and an eye for detail. Of the hundreds of entries submitted, a small subset are deemed worthy of an award—either bronze, silver or gold, and from those awarded gold, a handful are named best of show.
All award-winning prints gain global recognition and exposure through a number of avenues:
- Honored at the Awards Banquet during Forum
- A feature in FLEXO Magazine
- Displayed in the Awards Gallery during INFOFLEX
- Highlighted through FTA’s website, social media channels and press releases
Become a Judge
Become part of the group who evaluates hundreds of prints each year. Fill out the Judge’s Qualification Form, or contact FTA Manager of Educational Services Shelley Rubin for more information.
Get a Free Entry
FTA members get one free entry in the Excellence in Flexography Awards—one of many benefits they enjoy. Learn more about what else comes with FTA membership.
The 2017 Excellence in Flexography Awards Winners
“If anything, the 2017 Excellence in Flexography Awards showed that converters are on the ball. The levels of quality and embellishments were at an all time high,” said Forum 2017 Chair Paul Teachout, from Nilpeter. “Converters have taken every opportunity to utilize existing and trending technologies to improve their print performance and bring another level of ‘bling’ to their processes. The level of execution and difficulty was clear; the winning samples have set a new bar!”
The six Best of Show prints from the 2017 Excellence in Flexography Awards are:
- The Tops Herb Seasoned Croutons/Italian Seasoned Croutons Wrapper, printed by Transcontinental Robbie
- The Terra Sweets Medley Wrapper, printed by Industrias de Plasticos S.A.
- The Cozy Sunday Morning Body Cream Label, printed by Smyth Companies, LLC
- The Berkley Jensen Ultra Laundry Detergent Carton, printed by Advance Packaging Corp.
- The Zavida Coffee Roasters Organica Box, printed by Packaging Technologies Inc.
- The Paralyzed Veterans of America Tropical Flowers Envelope, printed by Mackay Mitchell