The 2017 Excellence in Flexography Awards recognized a total of 121 entries with an award of some type: A gold, silver or bronze (with Best of Show selected from the pool of gold winners), or a special achievement award (in the categories of non traditional and self promotion). That number was up 10 percent from last year’s 110 winning prints, which was greater than the 104 awarded in 2015, which was an increase over 2014’s 102 honorees. Winners were revealed at Forum 2017’s Annual Banquet & Awards Program.
The 2017 Excellence in Flexography Awards Winners
“If anything, the 2017 Excellence in Flexography Awards showed that converters are on the ball. The levels of quality and embellishments were at an all time high. I can honestly say that almost every sample entered was worthy of an award,” said Forum 2017 Chair Paul Teachout, from Nilpeter. “Converters have taken every opportunity to utilize existing and trending technologies to improve their print performance and bring another level of ‘bling’ to their processes. The level of execution and difficulty was clear; the winning samples have set a new bar!”
The six Best of Show prints from the 2017 Excellence in Flexography Awards are:
- The Tops Herb Seasoned Croutons/Italian Seasoned Croutons Wrapper, printed by Transcontinental Robbie
- The Terra Sweets Medley Wrapper, printed by Industrias de Plasticos S.A.
- The Cozy Sunday Morning Body Cream Label, printed by Smyth Companies, LLC
- The Berkley Jensen Ultra Laundry Detergent Carton, printed by Advance Packaging Corp.
- The Zavida Coffee Roasters Organica Box, printed by Packaging Technologies Inc.
- The Paralyzed Veterans of America Tropical Flowers Envelope, printed by Mackay Mitchell