FLEXO Magazine is the go-to resource for flexography news, technical articles, industry forecasts, product guides and more.
For more than 40 years, FLEXO has served as an invaluable tool for flexographic printers, press manufacturers, premedia service providers and brand owners. Its pages routinely offer guides to narrow web, mid web and wide web printing; proper ink, anilox and doctor blade usage; formats like flexible packaging, labels and corrugated boxes; color management and prepress best practices; and sustainable printing. As the official magazine of Flexographic Technical Association, FLEXO spotlights its members and events, including Forum, INFOFLEX and Fall Conference.
In the Latest Issue of FLEXO Magazine
- A recap of Forum 2019, where attendees heard four days of technical presentations centered on flexo, flexography and the flexographic printing process →
- Selecting an ink set can be a challenging activity; requirements can be impacted by end-use regulation, customer branding demands and more →
- It’s “game on” in the search for innovative, robust metallic inks that raise the visual bar and meet strict regulatory requirements →
- Demands placed on printing inks are changing, translating into formulations that combine beautiful vibrant colors with increased resistance properties →
- Flexography is fully capable of printing most specialty inks on various substrates but, as with any component, the doctor blade needs to be chosen wisely to get the best results →
- New screening patterns and technologies allow corrugated and folding carton printers to reduce costs and deliver maximum quality to brand owners →
- Printers must improve productivity by eliminating waste, reducing downtime and increasing output. Here is a model-based approach to follow →
- Like so many other things about these seemingly innocuous strips of steel, plastic or polyester laminate, there is more to doctor blades than first appears →
- Achieving desired special effects requires matching anilox roll to intent. Cell geometries, bcm and channels can have a drastic impact on transfer and performance →
- Inks must offer outstanding print fidelity and resolubility, quick setting for inline converting, and high levels of resistance properties, while also being more sustainable →
- A recap of INFOFLEX 2019, which showcased everything—technologies, solutions, products—happening now in package printing and converting →
- The latest from the Flexo Quality Consortium (FQC) and Standards Working Group (SWG) →
- Flint Group invited printers and prepress professionals to an April 3 Executive Summit to coincide with the grand opening of its new Technology Center, offering briefings into new developments →
- Rossini North America celebrated its 20th anniversary and expanded its headquarters in Suwanne, GA to 60,000 sq. ft. →
- OMET Americas Inc’s Innovations Days event showcased technology pushing the industry forward →
FLEXO Magazine’s industry news is your guide to everything FTA members are doing—releasing new equipment, expanding facilities, merging with, buying or being bought by another company, hosting an open house or exhibiting at an event, rebranding; you name it.
- EyeC Launches New Audit Trail Viewing Software
- Spinnaker Coating Announces Cascade Water-Based Inkjet Product Line
- X-Rite Announces i1Pro 3 Plus Color Profiling Device for Imaging, Print and Textiles
- Vetaphone Complements Corona with Web Cleaner
- Acucote Expands Pressure-Sensitive Pharmaceutical Label Portfolio
Hirings & Promotions
- Antonio Quevedo Joins K Laser Technology Cold Foil Business Unit as Director of Sales
- Eaglewood Technologies Adds Team Member
- Margaret Apolito Joins K Laser Technology Cold Foil Business Unit Sales Support Team
- TRESU Names Thomas Ellegaard Mohr Vice President of Solutions Division
- Thomas Morin Named President of Packaging Sector at TC Transcontinental
Read all FLEXO’s industry news →
Get FLEXO for FREE
If you are a flexographer based in North America, you qualify for a free subscription to FLEXO Magazine. Get the award-winning publication—complete with its wide range of technical articles, industry news, coverage of key conferences and events, FTA member profiles—delivered straight to your mailbox every month.
Who Reads FLEXO Magazine?
FLEXO Tech Talk Series
The FLEXO Tech Talk Series brings the magazine’s articles to life, allowing authors to present their writing in a webinar setting. Tech Talks are free-to-attend webinars that enable some of the industry’s most knowledgable members to speak directly to their fellow flexographers—the same audience who can make use of their products or services—and allows those users to ask questions directly to those in the know.
FLEXO iQ is a sister to FLEXO Magazine, devoted to covering the world of multiprocess printing and converting options. It examines how ancillary equipment, technologies and print processes work in tandem with flexography to deliver more capabilities and propel the printing format to continued growth over its peers, through technical articles, Q&A discussions and industry news items. The publication also examines how flexography is becoming more and more sustainable, through waste-reduction efforts, environmentally friendly consumables and trailblazing initiatives led by FTA members.
The FLEXO Magazine Media Kit is for contributors and advertisers. It includes a month-by-month calendar of what each issue will cover, advertising rates for all sizes, as well as a look at digital offerings that include eblasts, Web ads and custom packages, and production specifications for both print and online components.
The FLEXO Magazine Archives
The FLEXO Magazine archives is available on MemberConnect, the online home of content exclusively for FTA members. It stretches back to 2010 and include more than eight years of technical articles, how-tos, FTA event recaps and member happenings, industry forecasts and reports, and more. Clicking an issue’s cover opens a magazine viewer in a new window; from there, you can read articles, search individual issues for keywords like “anilox roll” or “labels,” and share on social media.