FIRST Press Operator Certification builds experts in the field of flexographic printing, who will consistently yield the best possible print quality.
This expert press operator is proficient in the areas of color management, process control, troubleshooting and implementing corrective action procedures to bring systems into control for repeatable, predictable results.
FIRST Press Operator Certification Benefits:
- Consistent, accurate and repeatable results
- Proofs that match natural press conditions
- Faster makeready speeds
- Greater process control through measurement, documentation and verification
- Increased productivity and uptime on press
- Effective management of all press components
- Reductions in waste and erroneous costs
- Better communication with entire supply chain, including prepress (graphics)
The Road to FIRST Press Operator Certification
Flexographic Image Reproduction Specifications & Tolerances (FIRST) supports the methodical approach to process control, optimization, fingerprinting, characterization and process improvement as outlined in CGATS TR 012-2003 (Graphic Technology – Color Reproduction and Process Control for Packaging Printing). While each organization may use its own workflow based upon its specific needs, there are certain fundamentals universal to the flexographic printing process. With a firm understanding and application of the FIRST methodology, flexographers can: identify potentially troublesome issues, benchmark press performance, utilize statistical analysis to maintain optimal conditions, perform accurate device calibrations, identify improvement opportunities and preserve stable conditions for repeatable results—all with the end result of satisfactorily reproducing the graphic design.