Hall A, Booth 454—same as 2016—will be home base to Flexographic Technical Association (FTA) and FLEXO Magazine at Labelexpo Americas 2018, Sept. 25-27 in Rosemont, IL’s Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Association delegates look forward to meeting as many members as possible, examining the latest advances in technology found throughout the trade floor, partnering with show planners, participating in conference sessions—to include moderating one—and as always, getting the most out of the event as possible.
At quick glance, FTA’s supplier member contingent (see gatefold that folds out from front cover for names and locations) will account for at least 35 percent—and more likely 40 percent—of all exhibitors (165); plus, hundreds and hundreds of printer members, hailing from FTA’s roster of 200+ label print firms, will be walking the floor.
Printer and supplier members alike will also take to the podium and seize the opportunity to present their perspectives on trends and technologies shaping the market—where we are, where we’re going and how we’re going to get there.
Observations voiced by those members, named here, will relate to new applications and new opportunities—particularly flexible packaging, shrink sleeves, stickpacks and more; flexo and digital as complementary technologies; multiprocess print; new finishing options; automated workflows; plus inks, coatings, varnishes and other consumables essential to flexo print.Take in the following sessions and glean the perspectives of fellow flexographers:
- 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 25—CEO Panel
- 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 25—Workforce Development: Recruiting and Retaining Talent
- 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 25—Mergers and Acquisitions: The Changing Face of the Printing Industry
- 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 26—Package Printing Panel Discussion
- 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 26—Unlocking Flexible Packaging Opportunities for Label Converters—Moderated by FTA
Some FTA member firms will likely be proudly taking home significant industry awards. Among the nominees that dot the member roster, and the award each is up for:
Innovation: Companies with more than 300 employees
- Fujifilm North America, Graphic Systems Division
- Paper Converting Machine Co (PCMC)
Innovation: Companies with up to 300 employees