WILMINGTON, DE—Sixty flexographers eager to advance their knowledge and learn how to further enhance their print quality were in attendance at the recent I-95 Flexo Seminar. The seminar—free for FTA members—took place April 4 at the DuPont Customer Technology Center in Wilmington, DE.
Five industry experts gave presentations which covered both the critical components at play when evaluating flexo quality—anilox roll, ink, plate and doctor blade—and new technologies that can aid flexographers in their pursuit of it:
- Cori Devlin, technical service consultant at DuPont Advanced Printing, who spoke about process control for different packaging market segments
- Catherine Vitale, technical manager, narrow web tag and label at Sun Chemical Corp, who spoke about expanding opportunities with UV flexo
- Kev Pavett, president at Flexografix Inc, who spoke about new plate screening technology Bellissima DMS
- Bill Warner, vice president at Allison Systems Corp, who spoke about blade selection and application for UV flexo printing
- Bill Poulson, senior technical representative at Harper Corporation of America, who spoke about anilox volume consistency
That group comprised “a great team” for what was “a great seminar,” said Bizerba Label Solutions Prepress Manager Michael Gardiner. Ed McMahon, graphics manager at Global Packaging, agreed, calling the seminar “another powerful FTA presentation.”
Attendees also enjoyed a lunch and the chance to tour the DuPont Customer Technology Center, a development testing center for flexo plates, plate making processes and allied supplies, including prepress, digital imaging, mounting and proofing.