FORT MILL, SC—EB Flexo technology is the next big thing in packaging, offering the superior performance properties of energy-cure systems with a more sustainable footprint. Since signing an expanded licensing agreement with Technosolutions in early 2019, Wikoff Color Corp is now able to bring this innovative technology to the market in the form of Gelflex.
Gelflex is a flexographic ink system suitable for central impression (CI) presses that cures via electron beam (EB) technology. This product goes through a rapid phase change once applied to the substrate, forming a gel-like substance that allows for wet-trapping of flexo inks, helping to improve print quality and expand color gamut possibilities.
- Significant reduction in solvent emissions
- Thinner ink films leading to reduction in ink consumption
- Lower energy required to cure
- Provides surface print option, promoting less plastic material and higher recyclability
- Great solution for food-safe packaging applications, when properly applied with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- High density inks produce bold colors with thinner ink films
- EB technology exhibits impressive levels of chemical and physical resistance, eliminating the need for lamination
- Less dot gain and smaller dots, creating consistent and color and smooth vignettes
- Up to 180-220 LPI
- Cutting-edge technology with a great fit in packaging applications
- Design new flexible packaging structures with enhanced sustainability
- Easy to retrofit your current CI systems