BOHEMIA, NY – Sept. 12, 2017 – Hybrid printing (flexo and digital) can be challenging. Attempting to “go it alone” isn’t the answer. Flexographic Technical Association’s (FTA) Fall Conference 2017 will feature solutions on how to tackle this growing industry trend using the October issue FLEXO Magazine cover project as the example on Tuesday, Oct. 10 from 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The various presentations comprised of this cover project will address the ultimate differences between flexo and digital print methods by walking attendees through the entire printrun process, side-by-side, step-by-step.
Spanning two sessions, presentations and speakers include:
- 2017 Technical Innovation Award Winners in Action – Mark Samworth, Esko
- Calibrating the Processes – Mark Samworth, Esko; Jason Cagle, MacDermid Graphics Solutions; Nat Davis, Mark Andy Inc.
- Fingerprinting the Processes – Steve Smiley, SmileyColor & Associates
- Characterizing the Processes – Catherine Haynes, All Printing Resources, Inc.
- Controlling the Processes for Production – PJ Fronczkiewicz, Flint Group
- Analyzing the Results – Mark Samworth, Esko
In addition to this and six other sessions, conference goers will have several opportunities to network their way through tabletop exhibits containing 65 companies and the latest innovations serving the industry.
Fall Conference 2017 will take place at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, with a block of rooms reserved at a discounted rate of $165 per night. Rooms are going fast. Attendees can also participate in the Gary Hilliard Memorial Golf Tournament and the Mark Andy Inc. facility tour.
# # #
About FTA: Flexographic Technical Association (FTA), chartered in 1958, is a professional society dedicated to bringing all members of the flexographic printing community—printers, suppliers, consumer product companies, institutions, prepress houses and others–together by providing opportunities for the free exchange of technical ideas and discussion of mutual concerns. It is a proponent of maintaining and advancing quality standards and includes 1,350 member sites that represent more than 35,000 individuals. Foundation of FTA, founded in 1974, is the educational arm of FTA and is dedicated to supporting and advancing the flexographic printing industry.