BOHEMIA, NY—FTA has announced session details for FORUM 2020, its four-day technical conference themed “Color, Brands, Technology: The Complete Package.”
Through nine technical sessions, more than 30 presentations led by industry experts will dive into how to deliver consistent and accurate color, brand expectations and the capabilities they want from print partners, and applications for cutting-edge technologies shaping flexography.
“With FORUM’s strong technical focus, attendees will learn in a variety of areas from industry experts who are passionate about education, skills development, researching and problem solving,” said FORUM 2020 Chair Hank Welter of TC Transcontinental Packaging and Co-Chair Ellen Farrell of DuPont Advanced Printing.
Here’s the nine-session agenda:
- Evaluation, Optimization, Control: The Complete Plate Making Package: Building an approach to adopting ever-changing plating technologies when transitioning legacy files, while maintaining process control
- Print Quality Scoring: Friend or Foe?: An inside look at print quality scoring from a brand that requires it, agencies that monitor it, and printers who control it
- Contrast in Print Technologies: Preprint vs. Postprint: A comparison of modern preprint and postprint technologies, and how corrugated printers and their customers can choose the right process for each job
- The Defectives II: A “Virtual” Guide to Troubleshooting: Identifying print defects, using audience participation to select a solution, and demonstrating it with a virtual reality press
- FQC: Exploring Technology & Defining Value in Packaging: Technology advancement born from in-depth research conducted by current industry members and students of flexography
- Press Optimization: Straight from the Mouths of Printers: Establishing a procedure that yields consistent print quality, workflow stability and efficiency of operations, through press optimization
- Color Consistency: Achieving the Target: How using hardware to capture data and software to visualize it enables production crews to print to the numbers and rely on those numbers to ensure color consistency
- Inside the Minds of Brand Owners: Why We Care: Brand owners discuss the ways in which color is important and how its importance affects their package-branding decisions
- Innovation & Technology Born from Frustration: How color is affected by ink, anilox and plate selection—and improved by cutting-edge technologies—along with finding the best combination of consumables
Registration for FORUM 2020 includes access to all nine technical sessions, as well as INFOFLEX 2020, the Awards Banquet, the Monday Evening Social, Innovation Central and a complimentary lunch on Tuesday. Early bird registration is open through February 14.