GRAND RAPIDS, MI—X-Rite Inc and Pantone LLC, global leaders in color science and technology, announced the third-generation of its popular i1 Family of Color Management solutions for the print, imaging and photo industries.
The redesigned i1Pro 3 spectrophotometer is more accurate and reliable as well as two times faster than its predecessor. The i1Pro 3 is ideal for professionals who require accurate color from their printer, display and projector. Customers can use the i1Pro 3 to better track and verify monitor and print quality and capture spot color measurements.
“For more than 10 years, the i1Pro Family has been the go-to solution for imaging professionals who require accurate color profiling,” said Ray Cheydleur, printing and imaging product portfolio manager, X-Rite. “The third-generation i1Pro takes color management to the next level by significantly improving on device speed and supporting new high brightness display requirements. With the i1Pro 3, color professionals can quickly and easily incorporate color standards across all digital devices and print production equipment for repeatable and predictive color management.”
The new i1Pro 3:
- Offers a custom, full-spectrum LED light source, which allows for single-pass scanning and improves device reliability and accuracy
- Measures M0, M1, and M2 simultaneously in a single pass while accounting for optical brighteners. Prepress and print operators can quickly predict how colors printed on optically-brightened substrates will look under different lighting conditions
- Reads smaller patch sizes (.2-in. mm x .2-in.) twice as fast as the i1Pro 2 with improved accuracy. Press operators can read more patches per target in both spot and scanning modes for less pages to print and scan
- Achieves correct calibration on ultra-bright displays (up to 5K NITs). Matches up to four displays connected to a single computer and unlimited displays connected to different computers
- Optimizes automated file creation with the option to include the new i1iO Automated Scanning Table for i1Pro 3. Adding hands-free test chart reading saves operators time and materials during production