DANVERS, MA—Techkon USA, an innovation leader in high-precision color measurement solutions for packaging and commercial printers, announced the newest addition to its Chroma family of pressroom color quality solutions, ChromaLT. Similar to Techkon’s ChromaQA enterprise color quality solution, ChromaLT is more focused for small and mid-sized packaging printers who are looking for a more affordable solution that is easy to deploy in the pressroom and provides a focused feature set to get their operators up to color faster.
ChromaLT is designed to improve print process efficiencies by removing the color matching guesswork, cutting makeready times, and ultimately increasing profitability. ChromaLT provides press operators color matching feedback that is easy to understand, actionable and with clear pass/fail indications. Operators are easily guided on how to obtain a match with either specific ink density adjustments or by toning the ink when density adjustments alone cannot get you there. When the job is done, measurements are saved and a report can be generated for the quality department or the end customer to show that colors were printed in tolerances and the job was a success.
“Printing and packaging companies around the globe have told us they are constantly being squeezed by brands and print customers for lower prices and higher quality. Therefore, printers must adapt and find products and solutions that improve their color matching capabilities, shorten their makereadies, and reduce their waste so they can remain competitive on price, while still maintaining their profitability” said Stephen Rankin, director of product development for Techkon USA. “ChromaLT is a super affordable, press side, solution that works with your existing spectrophotometers to increase color matching efficiencies in any color production environment.”
Key features of ChromaLT include:
- Choose up to eight colors per job and set the Delta E tolerances for each
- Supports a variety of popular press-side spectrophotometers
- Measure colors in any order and ChromaLT automatically identifies the correct color standard in the job
- See instant pass/fail and color difference results with easy to understand graphics
- Get actionable feedback with InkCheck technology which provides specific density adjustments to achieve lowest possible Delta E on press
- Once in production, periodically check colors and monitor trend charts
- Create reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Reduce trial-and-error with actionable feedback and clear direction for operators
ChromaLT is yet another example of Techkon’s commitment to innovation and product development in the printing and packaging industries and fits well within their suite of color measurement solutions for the pressroom.