LONG BEACH, CA—Epson announced the new Epson SurePress L-6534VW digital label press, which joins the SurePress L-6034VW in the UV digital label press line. The SurePress L-6534VW will offer three print speed modes from 49 fpm to 162 fpm.
Epson will be demonstrating the new SurePress L-6534VW, as well as the SurePress L-6034VW and L-4533AW and workflow automation solutions with Wasatch RIP at Labelexpo Americas 2018 in Rosemont, IL, from Sept. 25-27 at Epson’s booth 5813.
“The SurePress L-6034VW set a higher standard for UV print quality,” said Mike Pruitt, product manager, Epson America Inc. “Today we take our solution one step further by expanding the line to deliver faster print speeds compared to the previous generation, allowing prime label and packaging converters to fulfill demanding and varying portfolios more quickly—ultimately optimizing productivity and efficiency.”
Designed for label converters investing in a digital label press for the first time or looking to expand production facilities with a reliable, easy-to-use press, the SurePress L-6534VW delivers three print speed modes:
- High density white: 49 fpm
- Standard: 98 fpm
- Productivity: 162 fpm
The SurePress L-6534W digital LED UV inkjet press integrates all of the functions required for label production, including a corona treater, white ink, digital varnish, and an additional UV curing unit. The print heads, inks, LED pinning and curing lamp units, media feeding, and control system are all developed and manufactured by Epson. Additional features include:
- PrecisionCore linehead: Enables high-speed, single-pass printing; digital monitoring system is meant to maintain high productivity using Nozzle Verification Technology to automatically manage inkjet nozzles
- Digital varnish: Gloss or matte finish can be selected for the overall label, and appealing partial accents can be added using glossy or matte spot varnish
- Substrate feed: Center drum system feeds the substrate with precision designed to achieve high accuracy color registration and reduce the heat expansion or shrinkage of the substrate, enabling various types of off-the-shelf standard flexographic substrates to be used
- LED UV ink: Quick-drying UV ink is meant to help enhance productivity and offer excellent weather, scratch, chemical and water resistance; LED light source saves space and offers a lower energy use, enabling printing on heat-sensitive substrates
- White ink: In White ink printing, Surface White Print and Reverse-White Print are available to extend the range of expression on clear and metalized films
- Variable web width: Supports rolls from 3.15-in. to 13-in. wide up to 0.013-in. (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced productivity: Linehead maintenance is done automatically during the shift, and manual cleaning is limited to a short interval after the shift
The SurePress L-6534VW, and a conversion kit for the existing SurePress L-6034VW, will be available in summer 2019.