Your customers expect their print jobs to look the same, regardless of printing method or whether their design appears on a cereal box, a newspaper ad, or on a frozen food package.
G7® is a set of specifications designed to achieve visual similarity across all print processes, flexography included. Using G7, all printed conditions and processes are aimed at a common standard so that when files are created, your customer can be assured that the end result will match their expectations. Better yet, with G7 you’ll benefit from greater process control, reduced press setup time, reduced waste and faster makeready time. The end result? High quality, repeatable results.
Designed for production and non-production personnel, this online course provides the information necessary to enhance any flexographic workflow using the G7 methodology.
At the end of this course, you will understand:
- What G7 is, and why you need to implement it in your flexographic production environment
- Calibration techniques for G7 and FIRST to achieve repeatable, accurate results
- Optimization practices for G7 and FIRST to identify the best possible combination of print variables
- Fingerprinting procedures for G7 and FIRST to successfully match a contract proof
- Process control techniques for G7 and FIRST for maintain stable press conditions, and reduce set-up time and waste
- Global standards that reference G7 and Near Neutral Calibration
- Procedures for matching standard proofs, versus custom datasets
- How G7 provides efficiencies for both brand owner and printer
- What the next steps are for G7 and FIRST certification
$450 | FTA & IDEAlliance Members
$900 | List
Instructors: Steve Smiley, SmileyColor & Associates, LLC and Joe Tuccitto, FTA
Developed: In partnership with IDEAlliance and Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)
IDEAlliance® is a global community of more than 1,600 brand owners, agencies, publishers, premedia and print service providers, and their material suppliers and technology partners. Our not-for-profit Association identifies best practices for efficient end-to-end digital media workflows – from content creation through delivery. Through its active committees, educational conferences, webinars, training and certification programs, IDEAlliance provides its members the forum for the exchange of information that results in the creation of the media production industry’s most valued standards. www.idealliance.org 703.837.1070
FTA is a professional society dedicated to bringing all members of the flexographic printing community together by providing opportunities for the free exchange of technical ideas and discussion of mutual concerns. It is a proponent of maintaining and advancing quality standards and includes 1,400 member sites representing more than 50,000 individuals worldwide. Its Foundation (FFTA) is the educational arm of FTA and is dedicated to supporting and advancing the flexographic printing industry through certification and training programs, educational resources, publications, research projects and a year-round conference/exhibition program. 631-737-6020