Alternative Curing Technologies for Flexo Printing
What should printers should consider when deciding to implement ebeam or UV-LED curing technology?
Koenig & Bauer Flexotecnica and FTA will hold a half-day seminar on the benefits and challenges of implementing E-Beam curing or UV-LED into the flexo printing process. The “We Have the Cure” training conference will take place at Koenig & Bauer’s facility and technology center in Dallas, Texas on Thursday, March 28th, 2019. The event is open to all industry printer/converters looking to optimize their process.
Attendees will hear from the leading experts on the benefits and challenges and how electron beam curing and UV-LED relate to the press, inks and plates. Guests will also hear from an experienced brand owner on how trends in packaging impact the need for newer curing technologies. In addition, a round table discussion will bring it all together and feature two special guests: a narrow web printer and flexible packaging printer that are both currently running E-Beam and UV-LED. Every participant will leave with a clear understanding of the process, variables to consider when implementing, and the knowledge to determine whether this technology is right for your business.
Thurs., March 28
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Welcome & Coffee
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Presentations
12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Lunch
12:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Round Table and Q&A
Koenig & Bauer
2555 Regent Blvd
Dallas, TX 75261
Topics covered over course of the seminar will include:
• How to remove the need for drying time or powder with inks that cure instantly;
• expanding substrate offerings to include plastics and other materials that don’t absorb inks;
• How to achieve quality, safety-conscious print results with heat-sensitive substrates;
• Why and how LED UV lamps last significantly longer – (10x) than traditional UV lamps, saving time and money (LED-UV modules can provide 30,000+ hours of curing, when operated at the proper power capacity);
• How to eliminate heat, ozone and mercury from the press room, making the process safer and improving overall environmental impact;
• How LED UV curing eliminates the release of VOCs because UV inks are free of solvents and avoids the environmental issues caused by them;
• How to bypass the energy costs and heat-related hazards of heatset drying;
• Which value-added coatings can be used efficiently and effectively;
• High-end printing effects, like drip-off (a.k.a. “strike through”) and how they can be achieved, and discussion of further developments in this arena that are broadening creative applications and what is possible with printing.