FTA Membernar: Optimizing Flexographic Print Quality Through Prepress Technology
This Membernar is part two of a two-part series. As flexographic print quality continues to evolve, the impact of prepress technology becomes increasingly obvious. Mark Samworth will describe flexography’s latest and most advanced screening technologies in detail and focus on how to optimize them under your production conditions. He will begin by reviewing Esko’s Crystal Screening and Print Control Wizard (a 2019 FTA Technical Innovation Award recipient) in detail. He will then look at future developments of these technologies and how they affect flexographic print quality.
Join Mark as he explains:
- How Crystal Screening uses anilox cells in solids and halftone dots to improve flexographic print quality.
- The additional parameters available in Crystal Screens—including cell pattern, grooves, highlight dot size and highlight dot frequency.
- Why optimizing parameters can be difficult for a human but is easy for a software application.
- How Crystal Screens can enhance ink transfer by imaging smaller “cells” into the larger dots and solids.
- Print Control Wizard technology—developed for single-color optimization—is now being applied to 4-color and beyond.
Bring Your Questions!
You’ll be able to submit them directly to our presenter for a live Q&A session during the Membernar.