Flexible Packaging Is Everywhere at INFOFLEX 2019
If ever there is an exhibition dedicated to flexible packaging, INFOFLEX 2019 is it! Statistics support the claim:
- 55 percent of FTA printer members list flexible packaging as a critical business element
- 25 percent count laminating as an important service
- 19 percent offer slitting
- 11 percent say shrink wrap is a specialty
- 11 percent point to shrink sleeves as a significant part of print volume
- 9 percent engage in embossing
- 7 percent produce mylar balloons
- 5 percent do their own extruding
Members of all those groups—in numbers, more than 700 printers/converters—will be walking INFOFLEX 2019’s eight aisles May 6-7 at New Orleans’ Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. They’ll come to network and learn as they seek out solutions to both current and long-standing challenges.
Top of mind: improving efficiencies in the plant—anywhere and everywhere they can. Bettering quality, speeding response, reducing waste, controlling variables, printing to the numbers and other performance enhancers follow close behind. They target shorter setups, quicker makereadies—all of which translates into meeting or exceeding customer expectations. The mantra: “Become better at what we do.”
With that stage set, better than 90 percent of the 300 booths available are already sold—Only 25 remain! Two-hundred of the exhibiting companies service flexible package printers/converters in one form or another. Ditto for the vast majority of premedia service providers, most of whom identify INFOFLEX as the “must-attend event of the year” in the global package printing and converting community.
Of the prepress enthusiasts, some will be exhibitors, others attendees. In either case, these premedia service providers work side by side with flexible packaging printers and/or their CPC customers in carrying impactful and exciting graphic design through from concept to (flexible) package.
Both printers and premedia specialists will be at INFOFLEX to examine what’s new, what’s changed, the benefits innovative technologies can bring to their business, the bottom line impact of their use and the efficiencies the product could bring to the production line and the client.
It’s going to be quite a busy two afternoons for active engagement and fulfillment of the quest. On both Monday and Tuesday afternoons, 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.—for a total of nine hours—the exhibit hall will be filled to near capacity, as will INFOFLEX’s new Innovation Central—the place to be for access to in-depth briefings on 15 of the latest groundbreaking technologies.
Flexible packaging printers/converters navigating the INFOFLEX trade floor will find information on any product they might be looking for, including:
- Presses—analogue, digital and hybrid
- Converting equipment—laminators, slitter/rewinders, pouch makers, digital finishing systems, etc.
- Anilox rolls and anilox sleeves
- Doctor blades and chamber systems
- Web guides, tension and impression controls
- Defect detection systems
- Plates, sleeves, platesetters/imagesetters
- Automated workflow software and solutions
- Color management systems, software and controls
- Measuring and inspection devices
- Waste management, environmental and cleaning systems
- Storage and transport systems and devices
In total, just under 225 companies are set to occupy the 275 sold booth spaces. By aisle, the following statistics of great interest to flexible packaging printers/converters apply:
- 100 aisle: 24 spaces, not including awards gallery, some for sale; 42 percent now cater to flexible concerns
- 200 aisle: 28 spaces, some for sale; 55 percent focus on flexible packaging
- 300 aisle: 30 spaces, booths available; at present, 40 percent service flexible segment
- 400 aisle: 31 spaces; 87 percent known to support flexible packaging
- 500 aisle: 29 spaces; 86 percent partner with flexible packaging converters every day
- 600 aisle: Sell out! 26 spaces; 100 percent have flexible packaging customers
- 700 aisle: 26 spaces; 92 percent of booths sold count flexible converters as customers
- 800 aisle: 30 spaces; 40 percent of exhibitors taking space here deal in the flexible world, with the count likely rising as space is available
Talk about an exhibition that delivers on 100 percent of its promises and addresses a flexible packaging printer’s/converter’s full potential—INFOFLEX is it! “Find Your Fit. Expand Your Brand.”