NEW ORLEANS, LA – May 5, 2019 – FTA disclosed the highly anticipated results of the 2019 Excellence in Flexography Awards Competition tonight at the Awards Banquet, an event held in conjunction with Forum & INFOFLEX 2019. The 124 winners were revealed on large screens overhead in the Grand Ballroom at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel, including the six coveted Best of Show prints, while guests enjoyed the region’s boldly flavored cuisine.
As package printing technology continues to become more advanced, the entries deemed printed with excellence truly deserve the titles won. Kicking off the first night of FTA’s May 5-8 Forum & INFOFLEX 2019, winners consisted of:
• 39 Gold awards
• 41 Silver awards
• 40 Bronze awards
• 3 Self-Promotion awards
• 1 Non-Traditional award
Best of Show designees (selected from the gold-award recipients in their respective categories) in the 2019 Excellence in Flexography Awards included:
• Transcontinental Robbie for the Fresh Gourmet Focaccia Ranch/Garlic Toast Crumbles Wrappers in the wide web category
• Sunshine FPC for the Mediterranean Influenced Sweet Pepper Farcí Wrapper in the mid web category
• Berry Global for the Vicious Styling Boost XTS Series Shampoo Tube in the narrow web category
• Westrock Adams for Nestlé Pumpkin Candy Variety Carton in the combined corrugated category
• International Paper Hillsboro for the KitchenAid Artisan Series Stand Mixer Box in the preprinted linerboard category
• Mac Papers Envelope Converters Inc for the Midvalley Museum of Science the Universe Has Never Been Closer Envelope in the envelope category
Award winners will be displayed May 6-7 at INFOFLEX 2019 in the Awards Gallery, aisle 100 on the show floor at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
# # #
About FTA: Chartered in 1958, FTA is a professional society dedicated to bringing all members of the flexographic printing community—printers, suppliers, consumer product companies, institutions, prepress houses and others–together by providing opportunities for the free exchange of technical ideas and discussion of mutual concerns. It is a proponent of maintaining and advancing quality standards and includes 1,350 member sites that represent more than 35,000 individuals. Foundation of FTA, founded in 1974, is the educational arm of FTA and is dedicated to supporting and advancing the flexographic printing industry.